Shortly after the end of the First World War (1920), two Polish aviators, Mr. F. Szuba and Mr. K. Muszynski settled in Rawdon. Together, they founded the Rawdon Cement Company in 1946. Following the Second World War (1939-1945), thousands of Poles came to settle in Montréal. Many soon discovered Rawdon and came to settle there as well. Nearly a hundred Polish families have made Rawdon their adopted region.